Today the Onsite Property Management Association (OPMA) is launching a new sales training program for its members. This five-hour video training seminar (sponsored by LeisureLink) is presented by John Dalton, OPMA Chief Marketing Strategist.
Dalton has decades of sales training experience in the travel industry and has worked with AAA, TWA, Loews, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton and Choice, and is credited with transforming sales training in the Cruise industry. While presiding over 710 reservation agents, Dalton saw conversion rates increase from 19 percent to 78 percent in 18 months.
The OPMA’s sales training program focuses on differentiation, target marketing and value added services.
OPMA Sales Training Elements:
- The importance of reservation sales training
- Condo-Hotels: Selling the spaciousness of a condo with the amenities of a hotel
- Techniques for quoting rates
- The importance of knowing your guest
- Identifying and asking the questions that directly lead to booking
- How to control the conversation with potential guests
- The dos and don’ts of how to ask for a booking
- Overcoming objections
The sales training program is being offered at no cost to OPMA members, Contact Rick Fisher at theopma.org for more information.