- Super event man
The Second Annual #BookDirect Guest Education Day, recurring on the first Wednesday in February, is set for February 6, 2019. With a multitude of new travelers searching for vacation rentals,
The Second Annual #BookDirect Guest Education Day, recurring on the first Wednesday in February, is set for February 6, 2019. With a multitude of new travelers searching for vacation rentals, vacation rental managers and homeowners will join forces for one day with a singular message to let travelers know that there are many advantages to bypassing third-party channels to book directly with management companies and homeowners.
On February 6th’s Second Annual Guest Education Day, managers and owners are encouraged to:
- Use the hashtag #bookdirect on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to bring attention to the many advantages of booking vacation rentals directly with the manager or homeowner instead of on third party channels.
- Send out an email campaign to their past and prospective guests with a message about the value of booking direct, booking local, and booking smart.
- Work with local and feeder-market media sources to educate consumers about the best ways to book a vacation rental.
- Encourage local destination marketing organizations (i.e. CVBs, chambers, state tourism organizations) to join in promoting their direct connections to lodging providers.
Last year, the inaugural #BookDirect Guest Education Day reached an estimated 3.5 million travelers with direct email campaigns and had a social reach of over 24 million consumers.
Some of the last year’s messaging included:
- When travelers book on large vacation rental websites like Airbnb, VRBO.com, and TripAdvisor, they are paying substantial fees to use these sites.
- Many of the best vacation homes are not listed on these websites.
- Managers and homeowners know the properties and the area better than anyone and can better match travelers to homes and help plan a better vacation experience.
- Travelers can find out about special offers that can’t be found on the big websites.
- Managers and owners can better help guests optimize dates and budgets to fit their needs.
- Travelers with special needs and requests can work directly with owners and managers in a much more personal way to create a guaranteed amazing vacation for their family or group.
All Day (Wednesday)
Whether you own, manage, sell, or book nights at a vacation rental home or homeshare, here's a fun way of learning about this emerging lodging choice - and a
Whether you own, manage, sell, or book nights at a vacation rental home or homeshare, here’s a fun way of learning about this emerging lodging choice – and a great reason to enjoy a warm spring visit to Las Vegas! The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) is hosting this two-day course for only $225, plus a $75 curriculum fee. If you pass this course, you can use the certification seal to show that you have taken your knowledge and commitment to a professional certification level! CEU is available, too. (And attendees receive a gift pack with samples and discounts!)
The next Las Vegas Course Session with available seats is on Friday and Saturday 2/8-9/19. Click the underlined links for easy registration.
2. Follow the prompts, verify the account, and then click the registration link.
3. Sign in to your CSN account and follow the registration prompts. Add the course to your cart.
4. Complete the registration.
5. If you encounter problems, you can contact Julie at (702) 755-6881 or email@example.com or call CSN at (702) 651-4059 to register by phone.
Are you traveling to Las Vegas for the STR Certification Course?
One of our favorite Las Vegas travel brokers has negotiated some discounts on air, car rental, lodging, excursions, or events and his experts can help you put together a package that’s right for you.
Robert Bridel – Travel Advisor & Owner
8 (Friday) 1:00 am - 9 (Saturday) 1:00 am
CSN West Charleston Campus
6375 West Charleston Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89146
The inaugural Vacation Rental Women’s Summit, sponsored by VRM Intel and the Vacation Rental Management Association (VRMA), is coming to the spectacular
The inaugural Vacation Rental Women’s Summit, sponsored by VRM Intel and the Vacation Rental Management Association (VRMA), is coming to the spectacular Ritz-Carlton In New Orleans, February 19–20, 2019. Words cannot express how incredibly excited we are.
In most destinations, women dominate the vacation rental industry, from the back offices to the executive offices, and as women, we face a unique set of challenges in this rapidly changing sector. Our objective for this event is to bring the smartest and most influential women in the vacation rental industry together to inspire and empower attendees, encourage a sense of community, and discuss high-level topics specific to this unique audience. We will also be offering opportunities for creativity, innovation, and discussion that have the potential to dramatically change the trajectory of our businesses; and we will be celebrating the pioneering women who helped build the vacation rental industry into the force that it is today.
We only have 500 seats available for this inaugural conference, so sign up early at vacationrentalwomen.com. Although many events are often described as “can’t-miss,” we believe that this is truly a can’t-miss event for women in the vacation rental industry.
19 (Tuesday) 8:00 am - 20 (Wednesday) 5:00 pm CST