The vacation rental industry is innovating quickly to accommodate the growing demand for private homes as accommodations alternatives and to apply newly available technology to vacation home management and customer service.
On March 9, VR Tech is hosting a competition at the Millennium Hotel London Mayfair for young technology startups in the vacation rental industry. In its second consecutive year, the competition aims to give the most innovative young startups the limelight they need to successfully launch into the space. The VR Tech competition celebrates the creativity and bright minds that the short term rental sector has been attracting in recent years.
“Simon Lehman, Steve Milo, Jeremiah Gall, Alex Nigg, Amy Hinote, and many influencers, property managers, and investors in the vacation rental industry will be gathering in central London for a special VRM Intel Live conference on the 9th of March 2018,” said VR Tech founder, Vanessa de Souza Lage. “Throughout the day, startup founders will have the opportunity to give a five minute pitch to the audience.”
The innovation competition is open to startups founded after January 1, 2015. The winner at VRM Intel will advance to the finals at the Vacation Rental World Summit in Como, Italy, October 6-7, 2018.
In addition, the winner in London will receive:
- A full page ad in VRM Intel Magazine
- A featured article on vrmintel.com
- Invitation to speak at the Vacation Rental Data and Marketing Summit on August 14-15 in Nashville.
“If you are one of the chosen finalists, we will get you in front of your potential clients… literally!” Vanessa added.
- Simon Lehmann, founder AJL Consulting, former president, Phocuswright and CEO, Interhome
- Steve Milo, founder and CEO, VTrips
- Vanessa de Souza Lage, founder, VR Tech, CMO, Rentals United
- Kameron Bain, vice president, Beyond Pricing
- Eric Bordier, owner, RENTeGO, founder, VR Booster
- Antonio Bortolotti, founder Vacation Rental World Summit and Vacation Rental Secrets
- Alan Egan, founder and head chef, Vacation Soup
- Jeremiah Gall, founder Breezeway, co-founder, FlipKey
- Jessica Gillingham, founder, Abode PR
- Brian Hamaoui, founder GuestBook, general manager, Bluetent
- Amy Hinote, founder, VRM Intel
- Merilee Karr, founder, Under The Doormat, and chairperson, UK Short Term Accommodation Association
- George Meshkov, vice president, Generali: Europ Assistance and CSA Travel Protection
- Alex Nigg, founder, Properly
- Tara Scott, founder TS Holiday Lets
- Tina Upson, vice president, LiveRez
- Richard Vaughton, founder, Rentivo
- Anurag Verma, founder, PriceLabs
- Elaine Watt, founder, Holiday Let Success and Stayable Properties